Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jolly Rancher Vodka

I spent a few years growing up on a ranch as a child. We would punch cows, ride horses, and throw bales of hay. The entire time there though... No one was jolly. So when I was offered Jolly Ranchers as a kid, I knew they had to be a lie. Now we get to try and make the candies jolly.
First we open up the pack and take a look at the distribution. Clearly the blue raspberry is the least favourite, if Jolly Rancher has something to say about it. One mark against it already.

Now we just unwrap them and get them ready for a bath.
We put them all into their containers where they can look over the herds.
I used the rest of the 42 Below vodka on the shots. Today I found out I made a mistake with these. I assumed they only contained 1.5 shots. It turns out it is actually closer to three. No wonder I was getting wasted a lot faster than I thought I would.
For grape and strawberry flavours I went for Iceberg Vodka. Not a bad vodka, and it seems to be brewed up in Canada.
But they get the vodka anyways.
Now they're ready after a day, but I don't like drinking on work nights, so I put it off for a bit.
Time to start with grape and blue raspberry.
Of course there was green apple, and the others, as well. All in all they worked out decently as a medium to infuse alcohol. It really depends on the ratio of vodka to Jolly Ranchers though. I liked how they were clear upon them dissolving, so you don't need to spend time filtering them. It's a bit of a poor man's Skittles vodka though.

Jolly Rancher Vodka: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...